not only is she so unbelievably sweet, but she’s an incredibly gifted writer.
click here to check out her (also nominated) blog.
so now, to lock in my nomination, i have to answer these 11 questions.
this entry won’t be the most inspirational, but it will give you a little glimpse into my life…
1. what is the answer to the great question of life, the universe, and everything?
as a born-again christian, i’m a very firm believer in god and his love for us. after suffering with an eating disorder for about five years, and currently battling my third relapse, it’s so easy to want to give up and be mad at him. however, i know he loves me and has a plan for my life. without suffering from anorexia, i wouldn’t have been able to start this blog or my twitter account (@RecoveryBeauty) and inspire people through my story. no matter how bad the situation gets, god will always have your back. i promise. for a little reading on this topic from the bible, start reading jeremiah 29:11.
choosing one flower over another and calling it “evil?” i love getting flowers from my boyfriend (hint-hint) so i’ve never looked at them as being evil… i guess if i had to choose one i’d say the climbing hydrangea. my dad has one of these plants at our home and if they get enough rain, these flowers go insane and take over the flower bed. clearly they’re the divas of the flower world.
3. Can you hula-hoop?
i wish i could. i was a dancer for over thirteen years and i’m still not coordinated enough to keep it up for more than .001 seconds.
4. Even if you could hula-hoop, why the heck would you want to?
well clearly the only reason i would ever want to hula-hoop is so i could answer “yes” when someone asks me if i can. that’s the only reason. other than that i see no point.
5. What’s the magic word?
please. thank you. love. inspiration. beautiful. recovery.
6. Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, or Spock?
well, think about it: if you whipped out a lizard when someone was accepting your fist, they’d probably run away. ladies and gentlemen, i think we just found the trump card.
7. What sort of punishment should a blogger be subjected to, who recycles his or her old ideas and just hopes against hope that no one will notice?
i don’t think they should be punished. every blog post i put up centers around eating disorder recovery and self-beauty. some ideas are classic and timeless and need to be shared more than once. what one person understands said one way, will resonate with another person differently. if you have an old idea that’s important to you, write about it again, it just may inspire another person.
8. If I gave you a bucket of water balloons and let you loose, who would you splosh first, and why?
well, first off i would probably be too surprised to function because in all seriousness i’m a five year old on the inside. hello? water balloons! i would run back to my building and zip into my bedroom (which is on the 8th floor.) then i’d get my hall-mates together and we’d throw them out the window at people.
why…? why not?
9. What is the first thing that pops into your head when you cross your eyes, stick out your tongue, and hop up and down on one foot?
i think of a dr. seuss character. why? because it’s a crazy and silly thing to do. dr. suess created crazy and silly characters.
10. What is your superpower?
my superpower is most definitely the power to overcome obstacles. i kicked anorexia’s control on my life. to me, that’s super. superpowers are more than being able to fly and breathe underwater; everyone is a superhero. everyone has a superpower. there’s something that we’ve all done, which required immense strength, and to me, that’s what makes us super.
11. Do you have a secret identity?
i guess you could call my twitter account my secret identity. my name is not on it and i anonymously follow people with eating disorders, depression and struggles with self-harm from all over the world. @RecoveryBeauty has allowed me to connect and be inspired by guys and girls with different backgrounds. and that is the greatest secret.
1. ultimate freedom (http://wordpress.com/#!/read/blog/id/46617803/)
2. Happiness from within (http://wordpress.com/#!/read/blog/id/35625814/)
3. Hello Life: A Year Without a Scale (http://wordpress.com/#!/read/blog/id/46164536/)
4. The Mary Streech Project (http://wordpress.com/#!/read/blog/id/25472394/)
5. Bits of Mimi (http://wordpress.com/#!/read/blog/id/43307707/)
6. Shannon Walks (http://wordpress.com/#!/read/blog/id/43631825/)
7. Anon Dreamer Girl (http://wordpress.com/#!/read/blog/id/46796374/)
8. Riddlemethis20 (http://wordpress.com/#!/read/blog/id/44912963/)
9. onegirlarmystrong (http://wordpress.com/#!/read/blog/id/22507751/)
10. dawn points (http://wordpress.com/#!/read/blog/id/21802955/)
11. Extended Recovery (http://wordpress.com/#!/read/blog/id/41098574/)
thank you all so much for of your support so far. i appreciate all of you.
you are beautiful.
you deserve to feel appreciated.
Tagged: anorexia, award, beautiful, beauty, body image, bulimia, bullying, change, curves, depression, eating disorder, eating disorder recovery, eating disorders, enough, facts, healthy, hope, inspiration, liebster award, lifestyle, lifestyle change, love, measurements, recognition, recovery, self-harm, self-image, self-love, self-worth, starving, strength, strong, thank you, winner